W. Andrew McCullough
McCullough & Associates, LLC
Attorneys at Law
6885 South State Street
Midvale, Utah 84047
Telephone: (801) 565-0894
- 1970 - B.S. Degree from Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah. Political Science and Sociology
- 1973 - J.D. Degree from University of Utah College of Law, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- 1999 to present - Principal attorney in McCullough & Associates,with areas of concentration in First Amendment (freedom of expression) and Fourth Amendment (Unreasonable search and seizure) law
- 1979 – 1999 - Senior Partner in McCullough, Jones & Ivins, attorneys at law, Orem, Utah.
- 1973 – 1979 - Partner in Mulliner & McCullough, Attorneys at Law, Orem, Utah.
BAR AND PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS:
- Utah State Bar since 1973.
- New York State Bar since 1986.
- United States Tax Court since 1984.
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals since 1979.
- United States Supreme Court since 1979.
Professional Associations and Accomplishments
- New York State Bar Association
- First Amendment Lawyers Association
Areas Of Practice:
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Litigation
- Family Law
- Civil Rights
- Business and Corporate
Experience and Community Service:
- Summer intern, Staff of U.S. Senator James
- Former Utah County Chairman and State Treasurer of Young Republican Federation of Utah
- Former Chairman of Board of Utah County Council on Drug Abuse Rehabilitation (The Gathering Place)
- Presently Member of Board of Directors, and Membership Chairman, American Civil Liberties Union of Utah
Utah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- ACLU of Utah Board of Directors and Membership Chair
- Libertarian Candidate for Utah Attorney General -- 2000
- Lecturer on First Amendment issues at several regional and national seminars
- Previously listed in Who's Who in American Law and Outstanding Young Men in America
- Former Utah Treasurer of Young Republican Federation
- Former Chair of Utah County Council on Drug Abuse Rehabilitation (The Gathering Place)
- Former staff intern to Senator James Buckley (R.-NY)
I am well qualified to be Utah Attorney General. I have lived in Utah County since 1973; and practiced law there for 28 years, prior to moving my office to Salt Lake County in February 2002. I have handled hundreds of criminal and civil matters in both State and Federal courts, and am quite familiar with the Attorney General's Office from the many cases I have had with their various divisions. I have clear ideas on how the Attorney General's office needs to work, and the issues which need to be faced. For my views on specific issues, Click Here.